Aqua Illumination - Prime HD (Saltwater)
The Aqua Illumination Prime HD light fixture is a step up from the previous Prime LED fixture. Aqua Illumination upgraded the Prime to include their new HD power system. With the HD driver each LED can be individually dimmed or brightened. This means when some LEDs are dimmed the unused power is sent to the LEDs that most need it. This gives the Prime HD extra “punch” to illuminate your reef.
All this lighting power is contained in a compact fixture measuring only 4.8 inches square and 1.3 inches thick. This low-profile configuration is loaded with 13 Cree and semiLED high-quality diodes. The LEDs have a custom 80° lens that blends the colors and distributes the light evenly throughout the reef. The small size makes the Prime HD the perfect light for Nano reef tanks. Multiple fixtures can be used on larger aquariums.
Drawing only 55 watts, the Prime HD fixture is energy efficient and with minimal heat output. Controlling one or more Prime HDs is easy. Any iOS, Android or internet-connected device can be used with the myAI app. myAI gives you full control over color, intensity and scheduling, anywhere in the world. There’s even a special Acclimation Mode that reduces stress when adding new corals and fish! The Prime HD fixtures are available in black or white.
Aqua Illumination Prime HD LED Features:
The Prime HD design contains the following LEDs:
- 3 - Cree Cool-White XP-G2
- 3 - Cree Blue XP-E2
- 3 - Royal Blue XT-E
- 1 - SimiLED 415nm Violet
- 1 - Green XP-E2
- 1 - Osram Deep Red Oslon
- 1 - SemiLED 405nm UV
Easy to use modes and lighting adjustments:
- Schedule Mode – Simplifies lighting control
- Acclimation Mode – reduces stress during acclimation of new livestock
- Kelvin wheel – Lets you adjust the color temperature
- Lunar Mode – Automatic moonlight mode based on actual lunar phase
The Prime HD fixtures can be mounted using the following:
- Prime Hanging Kit – Suspends the fixture above the aquarium
- Prime Tank Mount – Ridged arm mounts to the aquarium
- Prime Flex Arm – Flexible arm holds a single Prime HD
Aqua Illumination Prime HD LED Specifications:
- Fixture dimensions: 4.88"L x 4.88"W x 1.34"H
- LED array: 7 different colors, 13 LEDs total
- Maximum Par: 100 µMol at 24” height
- Comes with Universal (100 to 240VAC / 50-60Hz) power adapter
- Maximum power consumption: 55 watts
- 10 ft. power cable
- Fixture has built-in WiFi
Rivers to Reef says: AI Primes are nice lights with built in controllers and wifi. That makes them easier to customize than Kessil lights, though they lack the same light intensity. You don't need a smart phone to set your Prime up, but it certainly does help. We probably wouldn't recommend keeping SPS under these lights, but softies and LPS probably wouldn't be an issue. Remember to also purchase a mounting kit. These guys are not the easiest to mount DIY style.